Thursday, January 13, 2011

On My Way

Tomorrow morning I will be on my way to New York. Right now I am feeling excited, scared, curious, nervous, and anxious. I am so grateful for that extra day I had. I had alot to do and it was amazing to see a few of my friends again. It also made me realize just how much I will miss my family while I'm gone. I've been so comfortable here at home but I'm ready to get going!

I leave home at 7:45am. I am not a huge fan of airports so hopefully I can get around okay. I'll be in AFS's hands soon enough so I don't have to worry about it too much.

Another big thing I have to do tomorrow: start taking medicine :( I cannot tell you how scared I am of my malaria medicine. I am absolutely horrible at swallowing pills and these ones a huge! for my standards anyway. Mom says it will be better than getting malaria though.

I'm not sure the next time I will have a computer so it might be a week untill there is another post. Thank you for reading! I'm excited to share this adventure with you!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for your next post! Your blog is under "my favorites" and I'm really excited for photos and info on the school, family, friends, food, and the town! I hope everything is going great! This is such a cool thing!!! Hope your having tons of fun and enjoying the scenery! TTYL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackenzie,
    I'm sitting in my college dorm room reading about what you have written so far and I'm so excited to continue reading about the rest of your journey. I hope that everything goes smoothly and you have the time of your life.
    Love you Lots!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I've been stalking your blog or anything, but you better have something new posted by the next time I check it... which will probably be in less than 24 hours. So no pressure or anything.

    (But like I said, it's not like I'm stalking you every 30 minutes or anything crazy. Pshh, where'd you get that idea... It's more like 15 minutes. haha)

    ReplyDelete